At work, due to a Flash Media Server running on one of the IP addresses, when we restart Apache using WHM, everything gets disconnected, and this causes Apache to fail.
Here are instructions for what to do if someone restarts Apache:
- Open Putty and login to the server.
- Insert this line to access the FMS directory: cd /home/mediaserv/fms
- Use this line to stop FMS: ./server stop
- You can now restart Apache using the WHM control panel (or via the command line, if you know how). Don’t worry if you get an error message in the final message, but do check that the sites are online again.
- Back in the FMS directory, use ./server start to restart the FMS server.